Building an Authentic Academic Response (21-22)
A very small population of students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities may not yet exhibit an authentic academic response. The purpose of this training is to give educators the information and tools to work towards building an authentic academic response with those students.
Objectives/Expectations:The educator will:
- be able to create a thorough PLAAFP for students with No Authentic Academic Response
- be able to write Standards-Based IEP goals and implement data collection methods for students with No Authentic Academic Response
- be able to shape an intentional response for students with No Authentic Academic Response
- be able to identify best practices for working with students with No Authentic Academic Response
- be able to recognize Authentic Academic Responses
This is a self-paced online course. Expect to spend about four total hours to complete.
Who is this for?
This course was developed for the team supporting a student with the most complex access needs, the student who does not yet exhibit an authentic academic response. This team would include: special education teacher, paraprofessional, related service p
Who do I contact for more information?
1 - Planning, T-TESS 2 - Instruction, T-TESS 3 - Learning Environment, T-TESS 1.3 - Planning: Knowledge of Students, T-TESS 2.1 - Instruction: Achieving Expectation, T-TESS 2.4 - Instruction: Differentiation, T-TESS 2.5 - Instruction: Monitor and Adjust, T-TESS 3.3 - Learning Environment: Classroom Culture
Online Course, Self-directed
CPE Credits: 4.00
Registration Closes: 8/15/2022 11:59 pm
Ends: 8/30/2022 11:59 pm