Beat the Heat (thank you, COVID 19) will look a little different this year... ESC Region 13's Beat the Heat is a multi-day professional development opportunity on best practices for educators who work with children ages 3-21 with significant intellectual and low incidence disabilities.
June 17, 2020
- June 17th is our day for “live,” online content: Keynote + Q&A with our 3 National Presenters* Pop in and out as you're able!
- 8 CEUs
- In-depth training content is being pre-recorded. You will be notified when you can access recordings ahead of time if you'd like to maximize Q&A time with our presenters. For those who can't register/participate until later, everything will be availble through July 31, 2020.
- Maker Faire will be scheduled once Region 13 is open to the public and is included in your registration fee.
- Susan Norwell: Emergent Literacy for Complex Learners: Where Do We Start?
- Padmaja Sarathy: Strengthening Executive Functioning with Environmental, Instructional and Child-Specific Scaffolds (ECSE)
- Patty Obrzut: Fostering the Emotional Development of Learners with Multiple Special Needs
As Daniel says, Beat the Heat is happening online this year. Check out our information on how to launch your online course.
June 17th Live Schedule
Please visit the Beat the Heat Website for additional information and schedule details!
|9:00 - 10:00 am||
Welcome and Keynote
Bring It! Creating Authentic and Responsive Classrooms
|10:15 - 11:15 am||
Q&A with Padmaja Sarathy
ECSE and Executive Functioning
|11:15 am - 12:30 pm||Lunch + Q&A with Region 13 SpEd Staff|
|12:30 - 1:30 pm||
Q&A with Patty Obrzut
|1:45 - 2: 45 pm||
Q&A with Susan Norwell
|2:45 - 3:00 pm||Closing Activities|
Interested ESC Region 13 area parents and paraeducators should contact Melanie.Collins@esc13.txed.net to receive a discount code to attend at minimal cost ($10).