Literacy is more than just reading stories.
Literacy encompasses a vast number of foundational skills, but sometimes we can underestimate what our young learners can do because they haven’t mastered the basics yet.
This training will explain how to build depth and complexity into your literacy block.
This training will:
- Explore WHY small group instruction benefits young learners
- Investigate how to utilize a purposefully planned read aloud to set the stage for learning
- Examine how to teach comprehension skills with small group instruction
- Demonstrate ways to teach writing in conjunction with reading instruction
- Analyze a model learning path using small group instruction