Data driven instruction. We know it should determine our next steps of instruction. But how do we use it daily to help build class cohesion through flexible grouping and partnerships while closing gaps in student learning so students show a year's worth of growth for a year's worth of learning?
By the end of this course, you will :
- Understand why data propels instructional groups.
- Comprehend how to assess class data and form instructional groups.
- Identify proper grouping structures based on determined learning outcomes.
Course Success Criteria
- You will be able to explain why flexible grouping is more appropriate than ability grouping.
- You will be able to look at data and identify appropriate grouping structures.
- You will be able to confidently build partnerships and small groups within my classes based on data (transfer of learning after this course is complete).
This course is self-paced. After signing up, the Canvas course will open. Work through the modules. When done, you will receive an email telling you how to download your certificate. This course will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete.