“Those teachers who are students of their own impact are the teachers who are the most influential in raising students’ achievement.”
-John A.C. Hattie, Visible Learning for Teachers: Maximizing Impact on Learning
In the synchronous portion of this blended workshop, teachers will:
- Compare and contrast two assessment cycle models
- Explore how assessment cycles and student heat maps can be used to increase student achievement in the Science classroom
In the asynchronous portion of this blended workshop, teachers will:
- Select a standard or unit for this part of the course
- Determine which assessment plan is most appropriate for the standard or unit
- Create a pre-assessment, post-assessment and heat map
- Administer the pre-assessment and upload a class heat map
- Identify 2-3 instructional strategies that could be used to increase student achievement prior to post-assessment
The synchronous portion will be live via Zoom on Monday, January 3, 2022 and Tuesday, January 4, 2022 from 2:00-4:00 pm. If you are unable to attend live, the synchronous portion will be recorded and can be found in Module 1 of the Canvas course.
All components of the course need to be completed by midnight on Friday, March 4, 2022.