This series provides an in-depth training on how to support 3rd through 5th grade students as they develop their biliteracy skills. The sessions will provide an opportunity for participants to explore all four language domains with a focus on reading and writing instruction that is designed specifically for students in a bilingual classroom. Participants will also build a deeper understanding for making metalinguistic connections and integrating sociocultural competence that is necessary for success in the bilingual classroom.
Modules in this course include:
- Los pilares del aula bilingüe (The Pillars for Bilingual Classrooms) *
- Aprovechar el español (Taking Advantage of the Internal Structure of the Spanish Language) *
- New SLAR TEKS
- Desarrollo de destrezas orales (Oral Skills Development) *
- Ampliando nuestro vocabulario una palabra a la vez (Expanding Our Vocabulary One Word at a Time) *
- Próximos pasos de la lectoescritura (Next Steps in Literacy Development) *
- Seleccionando textos culturalmente relevantes (Selecting Culturally Relevant Text) *
- Lectoescritura - lectura & escritura interactiva (Literacy Development - Interactive Reading and Writing) *
- Desarrollo metalingüístico en español (Metalinguistic Development in Spanish) *
- El proceso de la escritura (Writing Process) *
- Taller de escritura (Writers Workshop) *
- Lectura guiada (Guided Reading) *
- English Phonics in Upper Elementary in Bilingual Classrooms
- Cross-linguistic Connections - Please note that the content of this course applies to similarities between Spanish and English.
This course is presented in both Spanish and English.
*Denotes modules presented in Spanish.