This training will be the third of 4 trainings hosted by ESC Region 13 for Title I, Part A, Parent and Family Engagement. These hybrid meetings will be focused on federal grant requirements and state requirements for Title I, Part A, Parent and Family Engagement (PFE).
This course number is to register for in-person attendance only. If you would like to register to attend virtually via Zoom, please go to course number SP2348730 to register.
The objectives of SY 22-23 Parent and Family Engagement: Module 3 – Annual Meeting & Evaluation are:
- Identify the Title I meeting requirements under ESSA.
- Identify the importance of these meetings and guiding principles for these meetings.
- Understand the components of the required agenda.
- Define meaningful consultation.
- Identify PFE evaluation requirements under ESSA.
- Understand ways to continually monitor success of PFE program.
- Explore resources focused on PFE.
For those of you who are attending the meeting in-person or in a conference room, please have your computer available so that you can follow along with the links throughout our interactions.
Consider being prepared to participate in the discussion of the following questions:
- What does the phrase “meaningful consultation” mean?
- What are the requirements for Title I meetings?
- Why are Title I meetings important and valuable?
- What are the requirements for evaluation of the PFE program?
- How successful have your Title I meetings been?
- How can we make them more effective?
Recommendation for who should attend from your LEA: We recommend you have a team attendance of the key stakeholders involved in Parent and Family Engagement at both your LEA/district level and your campus levels. This could include your federal programs staff, your central office PFE staff, your principals, your campus level PFE Staff, any parent liaisons, and/or a superintendent responsible for approving and authorizing your PFE policies and procedures.