Welcome to the gifted and talented teacher cohort. We will meet once per month, during after school hours, via Zoom, to support implementation of practices in your classroom for gifted and talented services.
Each meeting will be facilitated by an ESC Specialist. The agenda for all meetings will include:
- State/Local GT updates, as available
- Requested topics of interest related to GT instruction
- Q&A session, open discussion related to your immediate needs
- Relevant and current practices for use in classroom instruction to meet needs of students who are gifted
We ask participants to actively participate, including using the video and audio zoom features to best support our adult learning community! We look forward to meeting you and strengthening our local GT teacher community.
Brand New Agenda
During our first cohort session, teachers shared topics that they would be intereted in discussing. Here is the proposed agend for these discussions:
- 10/17 - Collaboration with others on campus and breakouts to discuss identification
- 11/14 - Texas Performance Standards Project
- 12/12 - Field trips and "other opportunities" for gifted students
- 1/9 - Project Based Learning
- 2/13 - student showcases
- 3/20 - Using the Depth and Complexity framework for differentiation in the classroom
- 4/10 - Meeting the needs of diverse students (IE social/emotional needs, twice exceptional students, emergent bilinguals, etc.)
- 5/15 - Student progress and building research skills
See a topic that you already do well, please bring resources to share with the group!