Beat the Heat Conference 2023
Education Service Center Region 13 Presents:
Return of the Beat the Heat Conference
A professional development experience made specifically for educators of students with significant cognitive disabilities and complex access needs.
- Keynote: Laughter in the Lesson by Devin Siebold Teacher, Comedian & Presenter
- STEM in the LID Classroom by Dr. Bree Jimenez
- Aligning Instruction and IEPs to the TEKS by Dr. Ginevra Courtade
- Adapting Materials in Any Classroom by Stephanie DeLussey Author of the blog Mrs. D's Corner
- Give Me a Break by Allison Officer & Lynn DeMange
- and more!
Format: This 2-day conference will be offered in-person at ESC Region 13 and includes:
- In-person presenters with hands-on activities to assist learning
- Group viewing for virtual presenters with in-person small group activities
- Comedic and Motivational Keynote Speaker to get you excited
- Optional Make and Take to wrap up the conference by making materials to use in your classroom (3:30pm to 6:00pm)
- Lunch provided each day
Please visit our conference page https://esc13.net/events/beat-the-heat-2023#tab-overview for more detailed info.
**Participants who work within the boundaries of Region 13 who meet grant requirements will receive instructional materials after completion of the conference. For those of you who live outside the boundaries of Region 13, you do not qualify to receive instructional materials but you ARE able to participate in the Make and Take portion of the conference.
Who is this for?
Special Education Teachers, Low Incidence Teachers, LID Professionals, Paraprofessionals, District Specialists, Related Services, Anyone that works with students with significant cognitive disabilities in the low incidence disabilities setting
Who do I contact for more information?
Special Education, Deaf, Assistive Technology, Autism, Deaf/Blind, Differentiation, Related Services, LIFE skills, Visually Impaired
1 - Planning, T-TESS 2 - Instruction, T-TESS 3 - Learning Environment, T-TESS 1.1 - Planning: Standards and Alignment, T-TESS 1.4 - Planning: Activities, T-TESS 2.1 - Instruction: Achieving Expectation, T-TESS 2.4 - Instruction: Differentiation
CPE Credits: 12.00
Registration Closes: 6/4/2023 11:00 pm
ESC Region 13 - Main Campus
5701 Springdale Rd
Austin, TX 78723
Mon. 6/5/2023 - 9:00am to 4:30pm
Tue. 6/6/2023 - 9:00am to 3:30pm
Tue. 6/6/2023 - 3:30pm to 6:00pm
Starts: 6/1/2023 10:00 am