This series is divided up into 6 separate courses ranging between 90 min and 120 minutes each. The series is designed to be watched in sequence, but individual courses can be watched individually and still be beneficial. The National Professional Development Center (NPDC) on Autism Spectrum Disorders was the primary source for the information presented in the DVDs.
This is the first course in the series and serves as an introduction to the series and provides information on the use of evidence-based practices, characteristics of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities, and applied behavior analysis.
Identified learner objectives include:
- Explain the importance of using evidenced-based practices (EBP)
- Identify the defining characteristics of ASD
- Describe the core components ABA techniques
- Be aware of the myths about ABA
- Identify the ABA techniques you already use in your classroom