ABOUT THIS COURSE
Including students with disabilities in the general education classroom is both a challenge and an opportunity. Educators will need to collaborate to successfully meet the needs of these diverse learners. Region 13 Education Service Center is offering this online co-teaching training to help teachers address the challenges of co-teaching in a standards-based learning environment with a diverse group of learners.
This course will focus on the 6 different co-teaching approaches that best utilize two professionals in one classroom.
- Online, self-paced course to provide Co-Teachers with the knowledge of how and when to implement the six co-teaching approaches.
- Co-Teachers who complete this course will be able to:
- Define the six co-teaching approaches
- Identify the advantages and cautions of each approach
- Determine which approach(es) are appropriate for the given content to be taught
- Describe how to implement each approach in the classroom
- Identify strategies for co-planning with a co-teaching partner
- To receive full credit for the course participants must earn an 80% for higher on the end of course test.