The Impact Cycle Session 1 - Individual Virtual Session
Presented by Michelle HarrisBased on The Impact Cycle (2017) by Jim Knight, this workshop describes the coaching cycle proposed for instructional coaches. All teachers, schools, and classrooms face their own unique challenges. An established process for guiding the coaching experience ensures that instructional coaches have all of the tools they need to help teachers set and achieve their goals. The Impact Cycle–the product of 20 years of ICG research, (see instructionalcoaching.com/research)– provides a framework for any coaching scenario. Participants in this workshop will learn why the cycle is successful, and gain experience using it through examples and guided exercises. Participants will:
- Identify stage and the necessity of getting a clear picture of classroom reality. The use and importance of video is highlighted, along with processes that make the use of video more effective.
- Participants view a teacher and coach use video to get a clear picture of reality. Participants discuss with each other the importance of getting a clear picture of reality.
- Facilitator describes PEERS goals as the next element of Identify and how they connect to SMART goals.
Participants will receive a copy of The Impact Cycle and The Reflection Guide to The Impact Cycle.
This workshop is also available in person.
All five sessions are available in person and virtually, and may be taken individually or as the institute as listed below:Live Virtual FA2248274 FA2248297 Better Conversations with Jim Knight SP2348300 SP2348301 The Impact Cycle Session 2 with Michelle Harris SP2348302 SP2348303 Coaching for Engagement with Michelle Harris SP2348304 SP2348305 Better Leaders with Jim Knight FA2247958 FA2248275 Instructional Coach 5 Day Institute
*** Important Notes***
Because books are included in the registration fee and shipped prior to the workshop:
- Participants registered for the virtual session may not choose to attend the live session without significant notice.
- Participants who cancel or do not show will be billed the cost of the books plus shipping.
We will be cross referencing the Zoom participant list against E-Campus throughout the live session.
Districts will be billed for any unregistered participants who use the link provided to attend this workshop.