The Impact Cycle Session 1 - Individual Session (In Person)
Presented by Michelle HarrisBased on The Impact Cycle (2017) by Jim Knight, this workshop describes the coaching cycle proposed for instructional coaches. All teachers, schools, and classrooms face their own unique challenges. An established process for guiding the coaching experience ensures that instructional coaches have all of the tools they need to help teachers set and achieve their goals. The Impact Cycle–the product of 20 years of ICG research, (see instructionalcoaching.com/research)– provides a framework for any coaching scenario. Participants in this workshop will learn why the cycle is successful, and gain experience using it through examples and guided exercises. Participants will:
- Identify stage and the necessity of getting a clear picture of classroom reality. The use and importance of video is highlighted, along with processes that make the use of video more effective.
- Participants view a teacher and coach use video to get a clear picture of reality. Participants discuss with each other the importance of getting a clear picture of reality.
- Facilitator describes PEERS goals as the next element of Identify and how they connect to SMART goals.
At the end of the training session, participants will set a goal that will be followed-up on in the Impact Cycle - Session 2 in January.
Participants will receive a copy of The Impact Cycle and The Reflection Guide to The Impact Cycle.
This workshop is part of the Instructional Coach 5 Day Institute with Jim Knight.
All five sessions are available in person and virtually, and may be taken individually or as the institute as listed below:Live Virtual FA2350380 FA2350385 Better Conversations with Michelle Harris SP2450382 SP2450387 The Impact Cycle Session 2 with Michelle Harris SP2450383 SP2450388 Gathering Data for Goal Setting and Progress Monitoring with Mary Webb SP2450384 SP2450389 Measuring the Coaching Impact with Jim Knight FA2349919 FA2350392 Instructional Coach 5 Day Institute
*** Important Notes***
Because books are included in the registration fee and shipped to virtual participants prior to the workshop:
- Participants registered for the live session may not choose to attend the virtual session without significant notice.
- Participants who cancel or do not show will be billed the cost of the books plus shipping.