The Impact Cycle Session 2 - Individual Session (In Person)
Presented by Michelle HarrisBased on The Impact Cycle (2017) by Jim Knight, this workshop describes the coaching cycle proposed for instructional coaches. All teachers, schools, and classrooms face their own unique challenges. An established process for guiding the coaching experience ensures that instructional coaches have all of the tools they need to help teachers set and achieve their goals. The Impact Cycle–the product of 20 years of ICG research, (see instructionalcoaching.com/research)– provides a framework for any coaching scenario. Participants in this workshop will learn why the cycle is successful, and gain experience using it through examples and guided exercises. Participants will:
- Participants will work with the facilitator to explore their success with the goal that was set at the end of Impact Cycle Session 1.
- Participants examine how PEERS goals contrast with how they currently set goals with teachers. They analyze how they might use the Identify Questions with teachers.
- Participants practice using the Identify Questions on a piece of classroom video. (They alternately role-play the parts of teacher and coach in using the questions.)
- Participants debrief on what it is like using the questions and whether it is different from the way they currently coach.
- Facilitator will recap the Identify stage to show how it leads to the Learn stage. Facilitator will explain the concept of an instructional playbook as key in helping teachers to choose strategies to meet goals, the 3 components of a playbook, and how they can be collaboratively developed.
- Participants discuss their own playbooks or how they should create one and what that process should look like.
Participants will need to bring their copy of the Impact Cycle and the accompanying workbook from Session 1.
This workshop is part of the Instructional Coach 5 Day Institute with Jim Knight.
All five sessions are available in person and virtually, and may be taken individually or as the institute as listed below:Live Virtual FA2350380 FA2350385 Better Conversations with Michelle Harris FA2350381 FA2350386 The Impact Cycle Session 1 with Michelle Harris SP2450383 SP2450388 Gathering Data for Goal Setting and Progress Monitoring with Mary Webb SP2450384 SP2450389 Measuring the Coaching Impact with Jim Knight FA2349919 FA2350392 Instructional Coach 5 Day Institute
*** Important Notes***
Because books are included in the registration fee and shipped to virtual participants prior to the workshop:
- Participants registered for the live session may not choose to attend the virtual session without significant notice.
- Participants who cancel or do not show will be billed the cost of the books plus shipping.